Student Visa

Canada Student Visa and Permit

With exceptional word-class facilities, studying in Canadian Universities and Colleges can help provide you with top-notch educational qualifications and an enriching career. To study in Canada, you must acquire a Canada Student Visa.

In case program or course is less than six months in duration, you may be eligible to study without a study permit.

Eligibility requirements for a Canada Student Visa and Study Permit

The Canadian University or College must be recognized as a Designated Learning Institution with a valid DLI number
Your current financial status must be able to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and return transportation to home country once your course is complete
Ability to prove your intention to leave Canada within the authorised period of stay
Police Clearance Certificate from home country (if required)
Medical Examination (If required)

Do I need a Visa to enter Canada too?

If you come from a visa-exempt country (e.g., the United States) you will not require a separate Student Visa to enter Canada. You will only need a Study Permit which can be obtained at the nearest Visa Office or at the Port of Entry.

If you come from a country which requires an entry visa (e.g., India) you will have to secure both a Canada Student Visa and a Study Permit.

What can I do when my course has ended?

When your course ends it does not necessarily mean that your journey within Canada has ended. Under normal circumstances, the Canadian Government issues work permits after completion of your graduate or post graduate degree from a participating institution for up to 3 years. This helps outgoing students work towards earning valuable Canadian experience, paying off their education loans or even exploring the Canadian job market for permanent settlement.

For those wishing to remain in Canada and immigrate permanently, they can apply for immigration under a program known as Canadian Experience Class or Quebec Experience Class.

How can we help?

Our experts at Toplink Immigration can help you by:

Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for a Canada Study Permit
Suggest a customised action plan towards achieving your education goals in Canada
Facilitating the Student Visa and Study Permit Application Process


  • 1500 Meyerside Drive Mississauga, ON
  • +1 (437) 230-2000


At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio digni goikussimos ducimus qui to bonfo blanditiis praese. Ntium voluum deleniti atque.

Melbourne, Australia
(Sat - Thursday)
(10am - 05 pm)

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up to receive latest news, updates, promotions, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
No, thanks